A constructive culture and leadership through Organisational Development
Enabling people to make a difference - to UC’s future
The goal of Organisational Development (OD) is to facilitate organisational transformation by enabling and growing a culture that drives an organisation’s strategic goals. OD initiatives and projects support senior leadership to develop an agile and responsive workforce and organisation. OD is often defined as a systematic approach to align strategy, people and processes. OD’s role is to facilitate positive, transformational shifts in understanding at the individual, group and organisational level through the empowerment of senior and middle leadership, as well as through the engagement of staff.
- Is planned
- Involves the entire organisation
- Requires engagement and support from all levels
- Aims to improve organisational effectiveness and health
- Is deliberate.
Organisational Development at UC
Advances in OD require collaborative effort across roles and areas within UC. The HR Service Unit manages the overall support and enablement of OD programmes and projects. The Development Team within HR also designs and manages the University’s professional development programme.
HR’s aim is to support leaders in UC’s pursuit of sustainable long term performance through the development and provision of OD programmes and services. The Development Team within HR supports HR Advisors with their OD function, and coordinates OD activities and projects.
Current projects include:
- Building a constructive organisational culture
- Developing a Competencies Framework
- Refreshing the Professional Development and Review process
- Developing a Strategic Workforce Planning strategy and framework
- Enhancing Leadership and Management Capability
- Growing capacity and capability to manage change.