Learning & Development
- Provide a professional development programme adapted to the UC context and available to all staff.
- Facilitate the provision of appropriate and timely learning solutions.
- Provide resources and options to assist managers and staff on development needs, including UC's Professional Development and Review process.
- Facilitate timely and relevant induction programmes.
- Develop, implement and improve policies and processes which support the overall strategic goals and direction of the University.
Planning Your Career Advancement Workshop
This programme is aimed at academic staff within the first five years of their career.
It will be an interactive, fully participative opportunity to consider what career success means for you, a chance to define what success means in an academic career, and you will emerge with a plan to close any skills gaps and to advance your career prospects. This opportunity will allow you to consider effective personal practices to manage the demands of the role of University academic.
- The workshop is run over Wednesday 5 & Thursday 6 September from 9.00am -5.00pm, with a networking event from 5.00 – 6.00pm in the evening of the first day
If you are a staff member from University of Canterbury, please register online via the L&D Site.
Staff from Lincoln University and Christchurch-based staff from the University of Otago are also eligible to participate, please fill in the Career Advancement Workshop - Registration Form (PDF, 125KB) and send to your own HR department.
At the end of this two-day workshop you will have:
- Examined the breadth of an academic career.
- Discussed the skills and capabilities needed to succeed in an academic career.
- Reviewed your own skills and capabilities against those identified.
- Formulated a personal career development action plan.
- Explored common issues and questions with early career colleagues.
- Tested effective networking and collaboration techniques.