Enabling People to Make a Difference
The role of the Human Resources Service Unit (HR) is to contribute to the University vision of being “people prepared to make a difference” by providing exceptional, seamless and professional Human Resource Management, Health and Safety Leadership, and Organisational Development services.
We are committed to working with our leaders and people to develop a constructive organisational culture that is agile, supports continuous improvement, and contributes to UC’s success.
We will achieve this by:
- Fostering a safe work environment
- Attracting, retaining and developing the best people
- Developing leadership capability for now and for the future
- Helping leaders to build a collaborative and engaged workforce, team by team
- Challenging ourselves to seek opportunities to enhance our performance, every day
- Enabling and supporting the desire to build a constructive organisational culture
- Supporting Rautaki Whakawhanake Kaupapa Māori - UC’s Strategy for Māori Development, PDF, 332KB
- Valuing and connecting our diverse community
- Contributing to a positive experience for our students, including supporting staff to embed the graduate profile.
Our people strategy is aligned to, and designed to support, UC’s strategy. It will be achieved through a focus on the following overarching goals.
The People Plan can be found on the HR Intranet (staff access only) - People Plan, PDF, 1MB
A safe and healthy environment for students, staff, contractors and anyone else who visits the university
Enabling people to make a difference - safely
A constructive culture and leadership through Organisational Development