Information for schools
The College of Engineering is developing resources to help schools with teaching the core subjects involved in Engineering, along with Computer Science and Mathematics.
- Discovery Day videos on YouTube
- Electrical Systems Field Guide
- Computer Science Unplugged
- Computer Science Field Guide
UC offers secondary students the opportunity to study first-year courses at year 12 and 13 via the STAR programme. The College of Engineering offers Star course in Mathematics, Computer Science and Forestry Science. Courses can be taken by distance learning or on campus.
- AIMS - Advancing in Mathematical Sciences
- Statistics 101
- Computer Science STAR course is for Year 13 students in Christchurch and is equivalent to COSC 121-16S1 and COSC 122-16S2.
- Forestry 111
Posters to download
We produce a range of posters for schools to use on classroom walls. Download them here or contact us if you'd like a version of the main Study Engineering poster (A2 in size), or a set of the engineering disciplines posters (nine disciplines, each A3 in size) sent to your school. They are free of charge.