Campus tours and future student events
UC hosts a series of campus tours and future student events throughout the year.
UC Open Day 2018
The University of Canterbury invites all future students and their families to the Open days on Thursday 12 July in the first week of the school holidays.
Open Day gives future students and their families a chance to check out what it is like to be a student at UC through a wide range of showcase events.
This is a good opportunity to:
- meet lecturers and attend introductory lectures
- gather in-depth information on subjects, qualifications and scholarships
- tour lecture theatres, labs, libraries, sport facilities and accommodation options
- You can choose the sessions you attend - whether one or ten.
UC Bound is a great opportunity to meet other students who will be starting out at UC at the same time as you. You will also be able to meet key UC staff who are able to help you during your first year at UC. These events will be taking place throughout October.
We have a series of team-based activities and challenges planned for you and your whānau to enjoy.
The Liaison Team regularly travels the country visiting schools and attending various events. Please check Liaison staff visits in your area.
UC holds a wide variety of events throughout the year for future students.
- UC Orientation Day - Meet people and find out how UC works - Orientation Day is the best way to find out what university life has to offer.
- International students - UC offers the International Welcome for all international students arriving to study and live in New Zealand for the first time.
- Māori students - If you are a Māori student you may want to attend the Māori student orientation.
- Pacific students - If you are a Pacific student you may want to attend the Pacific student orientation.
- College of Education students - If your programme of study includes courses taught at the College of Education, you may also be involved in their orientation activities. You are welcome to attend these as well as UC Orientation Day.
- Postgraduate students - Student Support organises and runs monthly Thesis & Dissertation Student Orientation sessions to welcome domestic and international postgraduate students to UC and Christchurch.
If in addition to your tour you would like to discuss course options, you can book an appointment with a Liaison Officer by phoning 0800 VARSITY (827 748).