Plan ahead for Open Day
- Download the UC Events app and join Open Day
- Register for Open Day (if you haven’t already)
- Register for a free bus to Open Day if needed
- Plan your Open Day experience
- Choose information sessions you want to attend
- Plan to tour the departments you are interested in
- Make time for a campus tour
- Choose accommodation options to tour
- Invite friends, family and whānau to register and come to Open Day with you
- Check out what else is happening on campus
- If you are a Māori student register to join the Māori Development Team for lunch on Open Day
- Check the weather forecast the day before
- Bring plenty of warm clothes
- Print your ticket or make sure you have it on your phone
- Bring cash for the International food market
Where to start?
To help us give you the best Open Day experience, the best place to start is at the entrances on Science Road (off Ilam Road. Map D3) and Arts Road (off Clyde Road. Map G5). Gates open at 8.30am.
UC students and staff will be at these entrances with the Open Day map, programme, and a treat to start your day. They can help point you in the right direction.
Don’t forget to bring your ticket to help speed up registration on arrival.
If you arrive before 8.30am and need a place to wait until the first info sessions start, go to one of our Welcome Centres in Undercroft 101 (Map E4) and Engineering Core (Map F2).
Who can I ask for help?
If you need any assistance on campus, look out for UC staff and students who will be easy to spot in their red UC t-shirts or go to the Welcome Centres (Undercroft 101, Map E4 and Engineering Core, Map F2). They can help you with anything from finding a car park, to directing you to an activity, or even recommending somewhere to eat!
Lost property will be looked after at the Security Office (Map D2). If you find lost property while on campus please hand this in to the Info Hub or the Security Office.
Connect to UCvisitor
Acknowledge security warning if prompted
Open your browser
Follow the prompts to register for a guest login
There are toilets in all buildings and they are well sign-posted.
You can store your bags at the Welcome Centres in Undercroft 101 (Map E4) and Engineering Core (Map F2). The Welcome Centres close at the conclusion of Open Day, 5pm.
Cash is available from ATM machines on the ground floor of the Puaka-James Hight building in the Undercroft (Map E4).
In the event of an emergency
If you require immediate assistance for an emergency on campus, call UC Security on 0800 823 637 or via a Help Point tower.
In the event of an earthquake-related emergency, please stop, drop, cover and hold. For any other emergencies, or if you hear the fire alarm, calmly make your way outside.
Please follow the instructions of UC staff and students. DO NOT isolate yourself — stay with others.
If you require any first aid please come to the Info Hub.
Free car parking will be in the Clyde Road and Law car parks (map references below). However, we are expecting a large number of visitors on Open Day so consider taking the bus, cycling, walking, car-pooling with friends or catching our free bus service leaving from different locations around Christchurch and Canterbury.
Once you arrive, start your day at one of the Info Gazebos – they will be sign posted from main entrances. At an Info Gazebo you will receive your priority pass wristband and UC bag, with everything you need to start your Open Day experience, including an Open Day Guide with tear-out programme and campus map.