Admissions and Enrolment forms
Unless listed below, all admission applications can be completed online through myUC.
Doctoral Admission (PhD, DMA or EdD)
- Doctoral Application Form 2017 (word, 48KB) - For all PhD, DMA or EdD applicants (domestic and international students)
College of Education (Initial Teacher Education and Sports Coaching)
- Study Abroad Application Form (PDF, 78KB)
Inbound exchange programme
Certificate in University Preparation
- Application and enrolment - Certificate in University Preparation
Transfer of Credit
- Application for Credit (PDF, 267KB) - This form is to be used for applying for credit towards a University of Canterbury qualification on the basis of overseas qualifications. It may be used by students who are already enrolled.
- Application for Credit NZ (PDF, 73 KB) - From another New Zealand Tertiary Institution
- International student enrolment checklist (PDF,96KB)
- Application for Student Visa (PDF, 215KB)
- Address, Email and Student Web Information (PDF, 80KB)
Change of Enrolment
Student Services Levy
Medical and Travel Insurance
- Insurance Policy Assessment Application (PDF, 167KB)
- For Studentsafe-University insurance forms please refer to Studentsafe-University web page (International Students site)
Studentsafe Domestic covers for your contents, personal belongings, personal liability, some travel and more.
On year of StudentSafe for a domestic student is $260 (valid for one year from date of issue).
- StudentSafe Domestic Insurance cover
- StudentSafe Domestic Brochure (PDF, 686KB)
- StudentSafe Domestic Insurance Policy Wording (PDF, 311KB)
There is no paper application to complete. You will be included in the group plan and the insurer will email you a proof of cover once the University has received your payment for the premium. Your student number at the University becomes your insurance number as well. You can renew your cover on an annual basis.
You can arrange the cover in person at Student Finance desk in Student Services Centre (online maps) or you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application for Permission to Enrol in an Excess Workload (PDF, 54KB)
- Application for Permission to Enrol in a course for a Third Time (PDF, 43KB)
- Exemption from a Prerequisite Application
The information included in this website is meant to be a general guide to the enrolment process. Full information on UC’s General Regulations and Policies can found in the UC Regulations website. Information about UC Privacy commitment is available from Privacy Statements and Student Declaration.