How to apply

As part of your Application to Enrol, UC will ask about your university entrance qualification.

Apply to Enrol (Enrol at UC website)

When should I apply?

Refer to Key course dates for last date to apply to enrol. Please also refer to individual admission types as you may have to apply earlier depending on your eligibility. 

Most domestic undergraduate first-year students must apply before NCEA (or equivalent) results come out. This application date is usually the second Monday in December of the year before they start their study. Other dates apply for College of Education, Health and Human Development (see College of Education, Health and Human Development students below).

Students applying with non New Zealand university qualifications should apply as early as possible to have enough time to have the application assessed to give maximum preparation time to obtain student visa, and complete accommodation and travel arrangements. We recommend that you apply before 1 November for Semester One (February start) and before 1 April for Semester Two (July).

International students

Application to enrol is also your application for admission but you may not be able to complete the application to enrol until your admission has been approved. Once we have processed your admission we will contact you to let you know what the next steps are.

For students with an international qualification you can use our Requirements Checker tool to check whether you meet our entry requirements for the programme you may be interested in.

How long will my application take to be processed?

Processing times depend on the type of admission, the programme applied for, and whether information has been provided. UC will contact you if additional documents are required for your application. Please keep to the individual admission application date to avoid late acceptance.

College of Education students

Initial teacher education qualifications have a special application process.

Information about initial teacher education (bachelor's degrees in teaching and learning, graduate diplomas in teaching and learning, and early childhood teaching) and how to apply can be found on the College of Education, Health and Human Development's Apply Now page.

For all other qualifications offered by the College of Education, Health and Human Development, the application procedures are outlined above, and the relevant application form, can be found on our application forms page.

Additional entry criteria

Courses and programmes requiring a special application and/or with limited entry courses