Need more info?
Where can I park?
There is free parking available in the:
Where to start?
The best place to start is at the info tents on one of our main entrances:
- Clyde car park near Arts Road
- Clyde car park near University Drive
- outside the Erskine building (corner of Science and Engineering Road)
- University Drive across the river from the Health Centre
UC students and staff will be at these entrances with the UC Open Day map, programme, and our 2018 Undergraduate Prospectus. They can help point you in the right direction.
The Info Hub in the Undercroft, level 1 of Puaka-James Hight is the place to go to talk to College, Student Liaison and UC staff representatives as well as members of the University of Canterbury Students' Association. You can also pick up a load of information on courses, careers, degree planning, scholarships, funding, accommodation and learning resources with additional information for Māori and Pacific students.
Who can I ask for help?
If you need any assistance on campus, look out for UC staff and students who will be easy to spot in their red UC t-shirts or go to the Info Hub. They can help you with anything from finding a car park, to directing you to an activity, or even recommending somewhere to eat!
There are a number of cafés on campus providing a wide variety of healthy and delicious choices to keep you fuelled. The Burg, Hot Wok, Café 1894, The Greek, Chilton’s and The Shilling Club are all part of the Undercroft. Café 101 is in the Psychology building with Reboot Café in the Erskine building. The Shed services Kirkwood Village and there is also the Collective Café at the College of Education on the UC Dovedale campus.
- Info Hub, Undercroft, level 1 of Puaka-James Hight
- Central Lecture Theatres
- North Arts Lecture Theatres
- South Arts Lecture Theatres
- Accommodation Centre, lower concourse, Matariki
What else do I need to know?
UC Open Day is quite informal. Whether you are a prospective student or a support person, each person interested in UC Open Day is encouraged to register.
- FOR PRIORITY ACCESS TO INFORMATION SESSIONS BRING YOUR TICKET TO ONE OF THE INFO TENTS ON THE DAY AND GET YOUR FRONT-OF-LINE PASS
- To get started - just turn up at the correct venue 15 minutes before the presentation or tour you wish to attend
- All subject presentations start on the hour and last approximately 45 minutes
- The most popular sessions and tours are repeated throughout the day. If the room or tour is full you will be asked to attend a later session.
- If you miss a session, don't worry - you can go and talk to student advisors throughout the day at the Info Hub in the Undercroft, level 1 of Puaka-James Hight
- Cafés will be open for lunch, drinks and snacks
- UC staff and students will be at the Info Hub in the Undercroft, level 1 of Puaka-James Hight and around the campus to answer any questions
- There are toilets in all buildings and they are well sign-posted
- If you require any first aid please come to the Info Hub
- Lost property will be looked after at the Security Office. If you find lost property while on campus please hand this in to the Info Hub or the Security Office
- Cash is available from ATM machines on level 1 of Puaka-James Hight
If you have a question or would like to find out more abuot Open Day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.