International Enrolment in Person 2018
All international students must complete their enrolment in person as you have special compliance requirements that must be met before completing enrolment..
This takes place each day from Tuesday 13 February through to Thursday 15 February 2018 in the Puaka-James Hight Library.
Please make sure you plan your arrival into New Zealand in time to complete your enrolment before your lectures start.
Please come along to the appropriate session according to the first initial of your family name as below:
|Time and date||9.00 AM - noon||Noon - 4.00 PM|
|Monday, 12 February 2018||International Welcome 2018|
|Tuesday, 13 February 2018||Family name starting with A B C D E||Family name starting with F G H I|
|Wednesday, 14 February 2018||Family name starting with J K L||Family name starting with M N O P Q|
|Thursday, 15 February 2018||Family name starting with R S T U V||Family name starting with W X Y Z|
|Friday, 16 February 2018||UC Orientation Day – NEW Students|
What to bring
All international students must complete their enrolment in person with the following documentation:
- Valid passport
- Current visa - If you have a current student visa which needs to be renewed for your 2018 study, you will need to complete the UC Student Visa Application form. Please also refer to the checklist below for any additional documentation that will be required eg proof of funds for living expenses.
Please note that if you hold a Visitor or Work Visa you must apply for your Student Visa directly with Immigration NZ and have your Student Visa issued before you can complete your enrolment at UC. If you do not have any current visa you should make contact with Immigration NZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See Visas for more information.
- Evidence of insurance - UC has an insurance policy available on campus. See Insurance for Studying in New Zealand for more information.
- International student address form Please complete this form and bring it with you when you enrol in person.
What to expect on the day
It can take some time to enrol and you are likely to have to stand in queues. (The university has to check every student's passport and insurance certificate to meet legal requirements).
To help make this process as efficient and enjoyable as possible please ensure you have submitted your application to enrol and all your courses have been selected and approved and you have all required International student enrolment documents checklist with you.
To help make this process as efficient and enjoyable as possible we recommend you:
- Have a decent breakfast before you come.
- Bring a book/magazine.
- Decide what courses you want to study.
- Check you have everything you need.
For more information please contact us.