CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteer
Canterbury Malaysian Students’ Association (CMSA) Malam Malaysia Volunteers work throughout the year to showcase the Malaysian culture to the UC community at the annual Malam Malaysia Night, including acting, dancing, and providing technical and logistic support.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 3 modules of 12 hours each.
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 3 learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers communicate appropriately and respectfully with students, UC and UCSA staff, and the wider UC community.
- B4 - Learning - CMSA Malam Malaysia develop various community engagement skills in setting up an event.
- B7 - Self-Management - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers act responsibly and professionally when keeping themselves and the community on task.
- B8 - Teamwork - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers draw on the strengths and skills of team members to work effectively as a team and ensure the success of Malaysian Night.
- C1 - Communication - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers listen effectively and communicate important information clearly.
- C2 - Initiative and Enterprise - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers improve process and find solutions to issues in the work environment.
- C3 - Leadership - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers make decisions and motivate others for optimal performance at all times and to meet event objectives.
- C5 - Planning and organising - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers understand their role and organise themselves effectively to contribute to the event objectives.
- C6 - Problem Solving - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers notice and solve issues that arise quickly and effectively at rehearsals and event night.
- C7 - Self-management - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers manage time effectively as they balance rehearsals and studies, and can work independently to complete tasks.
- C8 - Teamwork - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers work as a team efficiently using the knowledge and skills, and different working styles of each member.
- D1 - Communication - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers are aware of body language and communication variance in order to communicate effectively cross-culturally.
- D7 - Self-management - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers exhibit positive behaviour while engaging UC community in Malaysian culture.
- D8 - Teamwork - CMSA Malam Malaysia Volunteers celebrate cultural difference as a team in pursuit of a common goal.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UCSA affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.