Global China Connection (GCC) Executive Member
Global China Connection (GCC) Executive Members includes several different roles that oversee club events, recruitment, projects, finances, marketing and day-to-day management as needed for the club’s interests and focus.
Hours involved in the activity
12 hours minimum
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 3 learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - GCC Club Executive Members can communicate well with students, community organisations and the general public, encouraging enthusiasm and engagement in club activities.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - GCC Club Executive Members will collaborate with the community, including their advisory board and sponsors, to identify needs, plan activities and evaluate outcomes.
- B3 - Leadership - GCC Executive Members learn to be confident leading club members through a wide range of competitions and events while communicating with community stakeholders first-hand to organise activities.
- B4 - Learning - GCC Club Executive Members improve the organisation and objectives of competitions, events and club activities based on their experience and community feedback.
- B5 - Planning & Organising - GCC Club Executive Members efficiently manage resources to effectively deliver events and projects within the community.
- B6 - Problem Solving - GCC Club Executive Members resolve issues that occur while planning and carrying out projects and events that involve the community, and will reflect on the effectiveness of their solutions.
- B7 Self-Management - GCC Club Executive Members manage their time and commitments while contributing to the planning and budgeting of projects, as well as ensure they present themselves and the club well as representatives.
- B8 - Teamwork - GCC Club Executive Members contribute to the club’s success by working collaboratively, and appreciating the value of everyone’s unique skills and contributions.
- B9 - Technology - GCC Club Executive Members effectively manage social media and communication channels that encourage members to be involved and students to join the club.
- C1 - Comunication - GCC Club Executive Members will be able to present their objectives to various organisations and at UC functions for awareness and potential support.
- C2 - Initiative & enterprise - GCC Club Executive Members will be able to come up with creative solutions to promote club activities to UC students and the local community.
- C3 - Leadership - GCC Club Executive Members will build relationships and motivate students to participate in club events and projects with enthusiasm. Executive members will also build relationships with sponsors and China-related businesses.
- C4 - Learning - GCC Club Executive Members will be able to improve competitions, events and club activities based on experience and community feedback. They can plan future projects to meet the needs of students and organisations better after learning more about the different stakeholders.
- C5 - Planning and organisation - GCC Club Executive Members are able to work within a budget and with student volunteers to organise a diverse range of projects, activities and events.
- C6 - Problem solving - GCC Club Executive Members will learn to work around issues with a diverse student team and within different settings. They can adapt plans quickly to solve any issues that will affect anything organised.
- C7 - Self-Management - GCC Club Executive Members can manage their responsibilities with exec roles and planning around study and other commitments. They also learn to be positive representatives when dealing with UC students and community stakeholders.
- C8 - Teamwork - GCC Club Executive Members can work within the larger executive committee to create and work towards the outcomes of the club.
- C9 - Technology - GCC Club Executive Members use a range of formats to keep up-to-date financial records for club expenses, upcoming projects and events, incoming sponsorship, as well as experience managing a range of social media and communications platforms.
- D1 - Communication - GCC Club Executive Members can make sure that club communications are respectful to the diverse student community and consider second-language users.
- D2 - Initiative & enterprise - GCC Club Executive Members will be able to come up with creative ways to encourage students to participate in supporting global communities.
- D3 - Leadership - GCC Club Executive Members can lead their club made up of a diverse student community.
- D4 - Learning - GCC Club Executive Members learn how their own and others’ worldviews influence decision-making and interpersonal interactions.
- D5 - Planning & Organising - GCC Club Executive Members can organise club projects and events with respect to diversity.
- D6 - Problem solving - GCC Club Executive Members are able to sort seek expert guidance to resolve issues with the organisation, management and reputation of their club with respect to diversity.
- D7 - Self-Management - GCC Club Executive Members ensure the club represents itself respectfully to the diverse student body at UC and manage their commitments to the club well.
- D8 - Teamwork - GCC Club Executive Members can work within and meet the needs of diverse student groups to create an effective team environment.
- D9 - Technology - GCC Club Executive Members keep records of project plans and membership details that are respectful of student diversity.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UCSA affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.