Golden Key Tutor
Golden Key Tutoring is an email-based system which connects Golden Key members with 100-level students who have asked for help. Student who need a tutor can email the Tutoring Director, who refers them to an appropriate tutor.
Hours involved in the activity
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 1 learning and development outcome.
The Tutors are to complete:
- 2 hours of training
- 2 hours of preparation work
- 6 hours of tutoring
- 2 hours of reporting to the Golden Key Chapter
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Tutors communicate well in order to provide effective support to first year students.
- B3 - Leadership - Tutors display leadership by guiding the development and learning of others and working towards a shared goal.
- B4 - Learning - Tutors draw on their own learning and experience to help other students succeed.
- B5 - Planning and Organising - Tutors plan and organise effectively to maximise learning opportunities for other students.
- B7 - Self-Management - Tutors evaluate their own work performance and seek ways to improve learning outcomes for students.
- B8 - Teamwork - Tutors cooperate with other students, and have the skills to resolve issues that might arise.
- C1 - Communication - Tutors communicate their ideas effectively and create good working relationships.
- C3 - Leadership - Tutors show they can make decisions and effectively manage others.
- C6 - Problem Solving - Tutors identify current or possible barriers to learning and find ways to resolve them.
- C7 - Self-management - Tutors are motivated and are willing to take responsibility.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.