UC Gym Host
Gym Hosts help RecCentre staff to create a friendly and dynamic environment for students to exercise and develop social bonds and friendships. Gym Hosts promote fitness programmes and activities to students and assist with the management and safety of the RecCentre.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to 2 modules of 12 hours each.
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 2 learning and development outcomes.
Fitness & Facilities Coordinator
UC Rec Centre - Kirkwood Avenue
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- A1 - Communication - Gym Hosts will develop communication skills for interacting with students from bicultural backgrounds.
- A2 - Initiative and enterprise - Gym Hosts will be able to come up with creative ways to promote health and RecCentre fitness programmes to a bicultural student community
- A3 - Leadership - Gym Hosts will develop leadership creating a safe environment for fitness programmes and interacting with students from bicultural backgrounds.
- A4 - Learning - Gym Hosts will learn valuable new skills and a wide range of learning outcomes within a bicultural fitness industry.
- A8 - Teamwork - Gym Hosts are an important part of a dynamic bicultural team experience and will learn to make use of the help from permanent staff.
- B1 - Communication - Guardians can offer a welcoming and supportive environment to all visitors to UC.
- B3 - Leadership - Gym Hosts will develop leadership skills within a range of areas and create experiences that can lead to further education within the fitness industry.
- B4 - Learning - Gym Hosts will provide learning opportunities for students with a passion for health and fitness that can lead to further education within the fitness industry.
- B6 - Problem solving - Gym Hosts will be able to assist students with membership issues and requests.
- B8 - Teamwork - Gym Hosts will learn to work as a team alongside the gym fitness consultants helping towards the overall environment and running of the RecCentre.
- C1 - Communication - Gym Hosts can use a range of communications and ideas to create a supportive and dynamic learning environment for RecCentre fitness programmes.
- C3 - Leadership - Gym Hosts develop leadership skills through assisting carrying out fitness programmes that can be used in a number of different settings.
- C4 - Learning - Gym Hosts will be able to apply a range of skills and experiences from managing and carrying out fitness programmes to different work settings and audiences.
- C6 - Problem solving - Gym Hosts will learn to solve problems with initiative and practicality that can help them in a number of different settings.
- C7 - Self-management - Gym Hosts will develop personal skills of time management and can use initiative to assist with managing RecCentre activities that best uses the skills they have.
- C8 - Teamwork - Gym Hosts can work with and use the skills of a diverse team to create a positive environment for learning and support.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.