UC Sport Referee
UC Sport Referees supervise matches in the Social Sport Competition (SSC) within UC Sport. They preside over sports games made up of UC students (sports including Dodgeball, Basketball, Netball and Futsal) and set up equipment. Referees work within term time between 12 and 4pm in this paid role.
Hours involved in the activity
3 activity involvement options.
- Option 1 - One semester officiating 2hrs/week for 10 weeks (minimum)
- Option 2 - Two semesters officiating 2hrs/week for 20 weeks, OR one semester officiating 4hrs/week for 10 weeks
- Option 3 - Two semesters officiating 4hrs/week for 20 weeks
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
Depending on the activity option selected you can claim 1, 2 or 3 learning and development outcomes.
- Option 1 - 1 intersection point
- Option 2 - 2 intersection points
- Option 3 - 3 intersection points
Sports Development Coordinator
Room KD02 Kirkwood Village
Student Services & Communication
Ph: (03) 369 3797
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- A1 - Communication - UC Sport Referees will develop their communications skills through interactions with students from bicultural backgrounds.
- A2 - Initiative and enterprise - UC Sport Referees are encouraged to come up with creative ways to improve the Social Sport Competition experience to students from bicultural backgrounds.
- A3 - Leadership - UC Sport Referees will develop leadership skills through supervising sports games involving students from bicultural backgrounds.
- A6 - Problem solving - UC Sport Referees can reach solutions for any disagreements during games with respect to biculturalism.
- A7 - Self-management - UC Sport Referees will be able to act professionally as a representative of UC Sport with respect to biculturalism.
- A8 - Teamwork - UC Sport Referees will work as part of a bicultural team to oversee the matches within the Social Sport Competition.
- B1 - Communication - UC Sport Referees can communicate effectively the rules and decisions during the matches they supervise to the student teams.
- B2 - Initiative and enterprise - UC Sport Referees can come up with ways to make the Social Sport Competition an exciting and engaging experience for the student community.
- B3 - Leadership - UC Sport Referees gain leadership experience through presiding over sports matches and coordinating student teams.
- B6 - Problem solving - UC Sport Referees can resolve any disagreements about play or rulings within matches and can overcome situations where teams may default without notice.
- B7 - Self-management - UC Sport Referees will be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner as a representative of UC Sport and for the Social Sport Competition.
- C1 - Communication - UC Sport Referees can effectively communicate information about the Social Sport Competition and match rulings to a range of students.
- C2 - Initiative and enterprise - UC Sport Referees will inform UC Sport staff of creative and new ways to produce better results within the programme.
- C3 - Leadership - UC Sport Referees will apply their skills to take sole charge of games to create a safe, fun and effective environment for students.
- C6 - Problem solving - UC Sport Referees can resolve issues that occur to equipment, environment or students competing.
- C7 - Self-management - UC Sport Referees can perform tasks and duties independently, be responsible for work practices and have exceptional time management.
- C8 - Teamwork - UC Sport Referees work alongside their team to create a fun and engaging student experience.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity? Sign up to CCR and then apply to participate using CareerHub.