The UniLife Leader role is a paid internship of approximately 30 hours over a Semester. UniLife Leaders provide a supportive, welcoming and encouraging environment that makes the transition to university life less daunting for new students. Support, direction and supervision for the interns is provided by Student Success staff.
Hours involved in the activity
Every 12 hours of participation in an activity is equal to one intersection point (12 hours = 1 intersection point).
For this activity you can claim a maximum of 2 learning and development outcome.
UniLife Programme Coordinator
Alice Candy House
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against one of the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - UniLife Leaders engage with the UC community via a diverse range of communication mediums in order to understand differing points of view.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - UniLife Leaders develop creative ways to effectively engage the UC audience in a busy environment.
- B3 - Leadership - UniLife Leaders demonstrate leadership within the UC community by providing good role-modelling to new students.
- C5 - Planning and organising - UniLife Leaders set clear goals and develop plans to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- C7 - Self-management - UniLife Leaders take responsibility for their contributions to project work, and identify strengths and weaknesses within your own skills set.
- C8 - Teamwork - UniLife Leaders contribute to team success by effectively cooperating with others, including those whose work styles may be different from your own.
- D6 - Problem solving - UniLife Leaders identify obstacles to achieving optimal student experience for a culturally diverse campus, and offer ideas and solutions to effectively address those issues.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit