Scholarships and prizes specific to Māori Students
Ngai Tahu Research Centre
General scholarship available through UC's Scholarships website
Scholarships for you (Scholarships website)
Information and links to view available scholarships for Prospective, Undergraduate, Postgraduate etc.
Scholarships website home page
Access the Scholarships search and the notices about the latest scholarships information.
- Department of Internal Affairs
- ESR Tū Mai Tauira Scholarship Programme: The application form is attached; or it can be downloaded from our website, www.tetapuae.co.nz
- Fulbright Awards - Fulbright New Zealand offers a range of US-based postgraduate study and awards for New Zealand citizens.
- Hauraki Māori Trust Board (as Trustee of Pare Hauraki Fishing Trust) - 2012 Education Grants
- He Oranga Pounamu Māori and Pacific Scholarships
- Hulton Patchell Limited - Scholarships
- Iwi Contacts - Check scholarship opportunities on iwi websites linked from the Iwi Contacts page
- Kia Ora Hauora - Supporting Māori into Health.
- McGregor Bailey Hawea Vercoe Memorial Scholarship (Māori maps website)
Access details by clicking on the scholarships bottom right of screen.
- Māori Education Trust Scholarships
- Māori Health Research
- Masters Community Indicators - Lincoln University
- Matariki Doctoral Scholarship
- Ministry of Education Early Childhood Education Grants
- Motu Thesis Scholarship for Students of Māori Descent
- Ngāi Tahu Matakahi and Beca Scholarships
- Ngāi Tahu Pumanawa Scholarship
- Ngārimu VC and 28th (Māori) Battalion Memorial Scholarship
- Ngāti Whakaue Postgraduate Scholarships
- NZ Law Foundation Awards and Scholarships
- NZ Psychological Society Maori Scholarship
- Parininihi ki Waitotara Farms Incorporation Scholarships
- Plant and Food Research summer studentships
- Sir Apirana Ngata Memorial Scholarship
- Sir Hugh Kawharu Scholarship - The inaugural Sir Hugh Kawharu Scholarship at Auckland Museum is currently available.
The $10,000 grant is open to any students of Māori descent, who are studying full-time at undergraduate or graduate level at a New Zealand university or Wananga, and have an interest in cultural heritage. Applicants need to apply by 26th September 2014.
- Tainui-Waikato Partnership Scholarships
- Te Pūtea Whakatupu Trust - Rona, Tāwera and Whanui Scholarship application forms
- Te Rau Matatini - Karahips - Maori Health Scholarships
- Te Tapuae o Rehua
- Te Waka Toi: Creative New Zealand funding opportunities
- TeachNZ Graduate (Secondary) Scholarship
- TeachNZ School Leavers and Undergraduate Scholarships
- TRONPnui & Fulton Hogan Engineering Scholarship
- University Challenge 2014
- Universities New Zealand (NZVCC) Scholarships
- Wakatu Incorporation Scholarships
- Waitemata DHB Health Scholarship Programme for 2014 - Waitemata DHB is offering two Health Scholarship Programmes for the 2014 academic year and is now accepting applications for undergraduate health study (until 10th September). Applicants must identify as either Maori or Pasifika to be eligible. The new scholarship programme (Whakatupu Hauora Scholarships) that is being offered this year is in partnership with our Iwi partners Ngāti Whātua and supports Maori students who whakapapa to Ngāti Whātua (applicants for the Whakatupu Hauora scholarship do not need to live in the Waitemata catchment to be eligible).