Postgraduate science is your ticket to amazing places, new opportunities and career success.
Postgraduate study at UC is flexible, challenging and hugely rewarding. You can study full- or part-time and choose from six-month courses through to a four-year PhD.
Most of our postgraduate courses include practical industry placements, internships, projects, lab or field work. Global study experiences are also on offer, including the chance to go on an exchange to a partner university.
Expand your mind, open doors and realise your potential. Take the next step into higher level study.
Postgraduate qualifications explained
- Bachelor of Science with Honours is a one-year postgraduate degree which provides rapid entry into the PhD or other research programmes.
- Master of Science. Students can take an MSc degree (without Honours) by undertaking only the one-year research project and thesis (Part II) after completing a BSc(Hons) degree or PGDipSc. MSc by thesis can be awarded with a Merit of Distinction.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science requires the approval of the Director of Studies. It mirrors year one of the MSc.
- Doctor of Philosophy is an opportunity to undertake a significant research project. A minimum of two years is required but more typically the degree will take three to four years to complete. PhD scholarships are available to students with excellent First Class Honours degrees.
Finding the degree to match your interests and ambitions is easy with UC Science. We offer a wide range of postgraduate science qualifications to support your research interests, professional development and advancement. Explore the options below or contact us to find out more.
- Master of Antarctic Studies (MAntaStud)
- Master of Applied Data Science (MADS)
- Master of Audiology (MAud)
- Master of Disaster, Risk and Resilience (MDRR)
- Master of Financial Engineering (MFEng)
- Masters of Geographic Information Science (MGIS)
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Speech and Language Pathology (MSLP)
- Master of Speech and Language Sciences (MSLS)
- Master of Urban Resilience and Renewal (MURR)
- Master of Water Resource Management(MWaterRM)
- Professional Master of Engineering Geology (PMEG)
- Professional Master of Geospatial Science and Technology
Enrolment advice and academic support
We offer a range of support services to help you succeed. For advice about degree planning, subject choices, selecting a supervisor and more, go to our postgraduate science advice page or contact us below.
Need further information or advice?
Get in touch!