UC Speech and Hearing Clinic
Our services and clients
The University of Canterbury Speech and Hearing Clinic offers a comprehensive range of professional services for people with communication difficulties or swallowing problems.
Our Audiologists and Speech-Language Therapists are:
- Specialists in the evaluation and treatment of speech, language, and swallowing disorders
- Specialists in hearing evaluation, hearing aid selection and fitting, and ongoing services for adults and children with hearing difficulties.
Students enrolled in the Speech and Language Pathology and Audiology programmes are present at appointments and work under the supervision of qualified clinicians.
Referrals are accepted for individuals of any age. This is a fee-paying service. Please ask about our fees when making the referral. Presenting communication problems may involve hearing, language, speech, voice or stuttering.
Referrals are accepted:
- Directly from the client or the client's family
- From medical practitioners
- From early-childhood educators and school teachers
- From speech-language therapists and audiologists
- From other health/education professionals working with the client
Make a referral
Telephone: +64 03 369 3133
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Appointments are available outside of these hours by prior arrangement.