Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
The Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership aims to build the knowledge, skills and capabilities of managers and leaders. It is the ideal solution for students who do not currently have time to complete the full Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme.
The PGCertStratLdrship consists of six courses which can be taken in any order and are taught in a modular format over two Fridays and Saturdays.
The PGCertStratLdrship is one of the qualifications available in the Executive Development Programmes, designed to provide you with professional skills, experience and business connections.
Postgraduate certificates and diplomas require a relevant bachelor's degree. If you gained your qualifications overseas, these will need to be assessed to ensure they are of an equivalent standard.
You are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
Specific entry requirements
Students entering the PGCertStratLdrship must have:
- at least five years of practical, professional or scholarly work experience of an appropriate kind, and
- performed to an acceptable standard in any tests or interviews conducted by the MBA Director, and
- approval as a student from the Dean of Business.
For the full entry requirements see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership or use the admission requirements checker.
How to apply
A special application is required and you can apply at any time. See the Executive Development Programmes application process for details of entry requirements, application forms and start dates (there are various commencement dates).
Find out more about how to apply for graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
The PGCertStratLdrship consists of a minimum of 60 points from courses in the schedule and approved by the Director of Postgraduate Management Development Programmes.
It can also be taken up to two and a half years part-time.
See the Executive Development Programme website for information on the varying start dates in the programme.
For the up-to-date schedule of courses, see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Read what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers in our student and graduate profiles.
- Our Careers, Internships & Employment team can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit the Universities New Zealand website.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
- Come along to an upcoming information event for prospective postgraduate students.
For full requirements see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Stategic Leadership.
For study planning help contact the Executive Development Programmes team or the College of Business and Law:
College of Business and Law | Te Rāngai Umanga me te Ture
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800