Costs and how to order
- Transcript: $40
- Letter - Eligibility to Graduate or Conferment of Degree: $40
- Transcript + one letter: $40
- Additional copies within the same order are NZ $20
- NZ, Australia and worldwide post and courier charges, if required, are additional, based on actual expenditure.
Transcripts are posted in an A4-sized envelope. Please indicate on the Order Form if transcripts are for US or Canadian universities, or for Korea.
Online orders with a credit card
Order your transcript using the Online Transcript Request Form (Preferred method of application.)
If you have a problem paying by credit card, please call 03 364 2987 ext. 8804 to submit your order over the phone.
Online orders without a credit card
There are three payment options if you are ordering the transcript online and are NOT paying via credit card:
1. Online payment
- Send the Transcript Request Order Form to the University using the button at the top of the last page.
- Pay by bank transfer at the time of ordering.
- Pay by eftpos/cheque or credit card when you collect the transcript.
2. Bring in your completed order form
- Print out the Order Form and bring it in to the Student Services Centre, Level 1, Matariki.
- Pay by eftpos/cheque or credit card.
- Mail the Order Form with cheque payment to the address below. Cheques should be made out to the University of Canterbury.
Student Records - Transcripts
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Please note: The Cashiers do not accept cash payments.
Fax the completed Order Form to +64 3 364 2736. Pay by eftpos/cheque or credit card when you collect the transcript.
Phone +64 3 369 5509 Ext 95509. Make sure you have your student ID (if available) and method of payment.
Complete an Order Form at the Help Desk
Complete an Order Form at the Help Desk, Student Services Centre, Level 1, Matariki and pay at the Cashiers. Once you have paid, you should return the Form to the Help Desk for processing.
Official transcripts can not be released until payment is confirmed.
An official record or official letter can not be issued if a student has outstanding fees or charges, such as:
- Library fines
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees.
Your request won't be processed until the account is cleared with Financial Services.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Phone: +64 3 369 3431 ext. 93431
Once any outstanding fees or charges are paid, please email Student Records to let them know email@example.com. Include your full name.
The transcript/letter may be collected from the Help Desk, Student Services Centre, Level 1, Matariki or posted to an address provided. You will be emailed when the transcript and/or letter is ready to collect. Bring a form of ID if you are collecting a transcript from the Help Desk.
If someone else is collecting your letter/transcripts, or they will be posted to someone else on your behalf, then you must provide a letter which:
- Is signed by you
- States your name
- States the name of the person acting on your behalf
Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org and give authorisation stating the name of the person who is collecting the letter/transcript on your behalf.
Allow 3 to 4 working days (approximately) for processing. You will be emailed when your transcript is ready to collect.