Health and wellbeing

There is a wide range of people available at the University of Canterbury to offer you support, help, and guidance.

Student Care

student development staff discussing

Our friendly, professional advisors are here to help you settle in and gain a sense of belonging in the UC community. We will act as your support team throughout your studies and help you to take advantage of the many resources and opportunities available to make your time at UC the best it can be.

You may have a particular question or concern and we can talk with you about your situation, help you to figure out your options, and work out the best way forward. Our service is free, confidential and available to all students at the University of Canterbury, including off campus students.

Talk to a Student Care Advisor

You can talk with a Student Care Advisor by phoning, emailing, dropping in, or making an appointment. See our contact page for details.

Who else can I talk to?

UC has a wide support network for students. Your College will have specific support people available, such as undergraduate and postgraduate coordinators. You might also like check out these other awesome teams. 

Who can help me in an emergency?

The Student Care team can help students deal with the aftermaths of emergencies and critical situations. However, if you have an emergency situation, please call security on 6111 ( internal) or 0800 823 637, Christchurch Emergency Services on 111, or Canterbury Psychiatric Emergency Service on 0800 920 092.

Need more information?