Transfer from an Incomplete UC Masters to PhD 

Your HOD/HOS and supervisors must support your transfer. You must discuss it with them before you do any of the steps below.

You need to submit:

The letter, application and supporting documents should be emailed to The Postgraduate Office.

Please note that if you have a UC Master's Scholarship, this does not transfer into a UC Doctoral Scholarship, you must make that application separately.

If the Dean of Postgraduate Research approves it your PhD enrolment will usually be backdated to the start of your master’s thesis enrolment.

If you are a full-time student you would have four years to complete your work after the date you started your master’s thesis, not four years from the time of transfer.