Airport Greeters will be at the airport to welcome International and Domestic students to Christchurch and help with settling them into UC.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to two modules of 12 hours minimum per module. For every 12 hours of of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Students must be referred.
Relevant training and continued support will be provided prior to start date and on site at the airport.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Airport Greeters clearly communicate information making sure they are understood.
- B6 - Problem Solving - Airport Greeters assist students with any issues they have experienced on their travel to Christchurch.
- C1 - Communication - Airport Greeters will adapt their communications to meet the needs of the International Students through listening more carefully and being aware of other cultures.
- C2 - Initiative & Enterprise - Airport Greeters suggest improvements based on feedback and their experience working with the students.
- C8 - Teamwork - Airport Greeters work together with Airport Greeter Coordinator to ensure the process runs well.
- D1 - Communication - Airport Greeters are aware of body language and communication variance in order to communicate effectively cross culturally.
- D6 - Problem Solving - Airport Greeters will solve problems that arise in a culturally sensitive way that are appropriate and sympathetic to the student.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?