Call Out Representative
Call Out Representatives phone all new first year undergraduate students and ask how their first few weeks at UC are going. They complete a record of the call including any requests students make for support. Call Out Representatives sign a casual contract of employment with UC.
Hours involved in the activity
Up to two modules of minimum 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Call Out Representative use their experience as a UC student to quickly develop rapport and have a productive conversation with the students they phone.
- B2 - Initiative and Enterprise - Call Out Representatives recognise when to refer students to appropriate services for support.
- B3 - Leadership - Call Out Representatives lead the phone conversation and ask suitable questions to get a good level of engagement.
- B4 - Learning - Call Out Representatives are trained to connect with the students they phone by reflecting on their shared and different experiences from their first year at UC. As a team they discuss strategies to develop new approaches and upskill themselves.
- B7 - Self-Management - Call Out Representatives are professional and provide a positive experience for the students they call.
- C1 - Communication - Call Out Representatives are professional and effectively communicate within UC's requirements, including confidentiality.
- C6 - Problem-solving - Call Out Representativess find solutions to issue students experience settling into campus life, and refer them to support services as appropriate.
- C8 - Teamwork - Call Out Representatives work as part of team and constructively contribute to their share of the Call Out workload.
- D1 - Communication - Call Out Representatives effectively communicate with students from different countries and cultures to ensure all new students feel welcomed to UC.
- D4 - Learning - Call Out Representatives find opportunities when talking to international students to learn about their cultures and use this information when communicating with and identifying appropriate support for students from a similar culture.
- D7 - Self-management - Call Out Representatives respectfully communicate with students from different cultures.
- D9 - Teamwork - Call Out Representatives work effectively with students from different countries and use initiative to solve language and cultural issues.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?