Go Canterbury Student Manager
Go Canterbury Student Managers assist with the Go Canterbury programme, coordinating their assigned teams through activities and acting as a peer mentor for new UC students.
Hours involved in the activity
Three modules of a minimum 12 hours per module. For every 12 hours of active learning you can claim recognition for one skill and one attribute. NB: opportunities only exist to develop the skills and attributes specified for this activity in the grey areas of the table below. For this activity you can claim a maximum of three learning and development outcomes.
Work readiness skill/Graduate attribute
By actively engaging in this activity, you can claim against the pre-determined intersection points detailed below. You should reflect on your experience and select the WRS/GA intersection point(s) that best represents your learning outcome.
- B1 - Communication - Go Canterbury Student Managers clearly explain the programme to student participants and promote enthusiasm for its activities.
- B2 - Leadership - Go Canterbury Student Managers act as a peer mentor to an assigned team of new students and coordinate their activities, social events and early weeks at UC.
- B4 - Learning - Go Canterbury Student Managers develop the skills to act as peer mentors to their group of students, and to help them settle into university life and study with enthusiasm.
- B6 - Problem Solving - Go Canterbury Student Managers assist students with any queries or issues experienced in their Hall of Residence and when starting study. They recognise and refer any issues encountered running activities in the programme.
- B7 - Self-Management - Go Canterbury Student Managers independently develop their own plans and procedures to support their students.
- C1 - Communication - Go Canterbury Managers collaberate to deliver the overall programme, and independently carry out tasks related to their assigned student group.
- C2 - Initiative & enterprise - Go Canterbury Student Managers suggest improvements to the Go Canterbury programme based on feedback and their experience working with the students.
- C3 - Leadership - Go Canterbury Student Managers coordinate large groups of students with authority, and keep everyone on task in an activity
- C7 - Self-management - Go Canterbury Student Managers interact with new students in a professional manner as UC representatives.
- C8 - Teamwork - Go Canterbury Student Managers work together and with the Go Canterbury Coordinator to ensure the programme runs well and is an exciting experience for its participants.
|Co-curricular Record (CCR)||
UC Graduate Attributes (GAs)
|Bicultural Competence & Confidence||Community Engagement||Employability Innovation & Enterprise||Global Awareness|
|Work Readiness Skills (WRS)||Communication||A1||B1||C1||D1|
|Initiative and enterprise||A2||B2||C2||D2|
|Planning and organising||A5||B5||C5||D5|
- UC affiliated
- Not an academic prerequisite
- Not for academic credit
Are you interested in participating in this activity?