The Sustainability Office has a range of exciting events planned for 2018, which focus on:
- waste management and minimisation
- fair trade
- sustainable transport
- sustainable living
Please check back in on this page for details on our upcoming and most recent events. Most of the events will also be advertised on Facebook, with more detailed information, so please check our UC Sustainability Community Facebook page. If there is an event that you would like to be involved in as a volunteer, please be in touch with us. We would love to hear from you!
Edible Campus Walking Tour
Monday 24th September, 12pm - 12.50pm. Come and join this easy 50 minute walking tour of our campus, and learn where you can forage for lemons, limes, figs, pinenuts, berries, and more! Meet the Sustainability Office team outside Cafe 1894 at 12pm. The tour will finish at our Okeover Community Garden at approx 12.50pm.
Check the Facebook event for more details and updates, including any cancellations due to the weather. Otherwise, see you there!
Monday 1st October, 12pm - 2pm, C Block Lawn. The UC Sustainability Office is celebrating spring and all things cycling with a Bike Fest on campus!
Come along and meet other cyclists at UC, plus
- enjoy a FREE sausage sizzle
- make a pedal powered smoothie on the famous smoothie bike
- get your bike tuned for free by the Dr Bike team, plus participate in mini workshops with UC Bike
- meet members of UC BUG (UC's Bicycle Users Group) and learn more about our commuter cyclist community
- a chance to sign up for cycle skills sessions thanks to Go Cycle Christchurch
- Plus competitions, prizes and more!
Check the Facebook event for more details and updates, inluding any cancellations due to the weather. Otherwise, see you there!