Scholarships at UC
Scholarships, grants and awards are a great way of funding your university study.
Applications are now open for the following essay prizes:
- MacMillan Brown Prize for Writers (First Prize - $2,500; Runer Up - $500)
- Ada Wells Memorial Prize ($900)
- Ensom Prize ($1200)
Applications close 30 September
Search for scholarships
The Scholarships Office uses an online scholarships application system. In this system, the page for each scholarship may have a link to the online system or a message indicating when the link will be available. If the link is not listed, you will not be able to apply online; please follow the instructions to apply.
Search and Apply for Scholarships
Find out more about First Year Undergraduate Scholarships for 2018
Scholarships for you
UC understands that a university education is a major investment for you and your family. A scholarship might just provide the helping hand you need to make university life a little easier.
UC offers a range of scholarships, many recognising factors like academic excellence or sporting achievement. Others have an emphasis on social inclusion and equality and are awarded on the basis of financial need or other hardship.
Explore the scholarships available to you:
- Scholarships for first-year undergraduate students - If you are new student planning to enrol in an undergraduate degree, there are various scholarships available that can help fund your studies.
- Scholarships for undergraduate students - If you are planning to enrol or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree then there are a wide range of scholarships you can apply for.
- Scholarships for postgraduate students - A wide range of scholarships are offered, catering for all levels of study up to doctoral level to assist you to progress your studies through continuing study and research.
- Scholarships for international students - If you are an international student who is either planning to study or currently studying at the University of Canterbury, we have a range of scholarships you may be eligible for.